How to go from Malaga to Frigiliana
Frigiliana is one of the most beautiful villages in Andalusia and Spain. And this in the province of Malaga in the easternmost area about 4 km from the coast of Nerja. But How to go from Malaga to Frigiliana.
To go to Frigiliana, if you don’t want to be waiting for the bus. That although it is an option, it is not recommended at all, as you will have to adjust to your schedule and make transfer.
That’s why it’s best to rent a car. As you get off the plane your rented car may be waiting for you in the hall of the airport.
With your rented car you can reach Frigiliana in a few minutes. You must leave the airport in the direction of Almeria, you will surround the impressive city of Malaga.
This is the capital of the Costa del Sol. And once you have taken the A7 motorway towards Almeria you will begin to feel the warmth of the Costa del Sol.
How to go from Málaga Frigiliana on the A7
The A7 motorway is one of the longest in Europe, starting in Gibraltar and reaching the Pyrenees along the Mediterranean coast of Spain.
But you don’t have to travel the entire A7 to get to Frigiliana just a few kilometres with magnificent scenery.
On the right you will always be accompanied by the Mediterranean Sea and on the left you will have breathtaking views of the mountains, even up to the Sierra Nevada.
You will pass Vélez-Málaga and Torre del Mar, then Torrox. It also has the best climate in Europe and the largest colony of German citizens in Andalusia. And at the Nerja exit you have to turn left to reach Firgiliana in a few minutes.
What to do in Frigiliana?
- Once in Frigiliana park your car, take your camera and enjoy one of the most charming villages in Malaga.
- The best thing about Frigiliana is to wander and get lost in its alleys and passageways. All you have to do in Frigiliana is:
- Lose yourself in its alleys of white houses.
Give good cane to the film of photos.
Dodge Cupid’s arrows so as not to fall madly in love with the town and want to stay.
What to see in Frigiliana?
- The Plaza de las Tres Culturas is the square that will welcome you to the village. It can be considered as the Balcony of the Mediterranean for the views of the sea in the distance.
- Los Reales Propósitos was the silo where the excess grain was formerly stored. This building is the perfect point of reference to take the Calle Real and start the Calle Frigiliana.
- The Moorish quarter of Frigiliana. In which is one of the most beautiful streets of Frigiliana as the Calle de la Amargura, to the Calle Alta.
- Zacatín Street and El Garral Street.
- In the town square is the Church of San Antonio de Padua and the Town Hall.
- Frigiliana is full of passageways that at first glance seem private.
- Frigiliana’s viewpoints such as El Peñón Viewpoint or Lízar Viewpoint.
How to go from Malaga to Frigiliana by more picturesque places
Another possibility is to take the old road, the national road 323. It is not as comfortable as the motorway, but it is much more authentic and through it you can cross all the small fishing villages. And also stop at each viewpoint to observe the magnificent cliffs.
Also between cliff and cliff there are small coves. These are small paradisiacal areas in the Parque Natural de Mayo Cerro Gordo.
And remember that you can enjoy all this from Malaga Airport in your rented car. You can make your reservation directly on our website.